Saturday 12 August 2017

'Embossing Wet / and or Dry'

Good morning thank you for visiting me. Your comments are always read and appreciated.

 It's time to announce our next challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Last time's challenge was 'Baby' cards.....my favourite make. We had some very cute creations and it's Karen's turn to choose the Top Three. This won't be an easy task!!

For this time's challenge you have a wider theme as it's Embossing either wet or dry or both!!
Here is my inspiration for you.

 
I've chosen dry embossing. I began with a matt of cerise mirri card and added the white embossed card stock to the top. The embossing folder is a new A4 one..... Jacobean design (forgotten who makes this)  Before embossing I die cut 'flower' shaped apertures randomly across the white card.. The cerise mirri card can then be seen peeping through. The flower shapes which had been die cut were then placed on top of the opening with a 3D pad. Tucked in behind the 'flower' were swirls of fine cerise wire. A gem was then placed in the centre of the flower. To complete the card I die cut a butterfly in white and cerise mirri and finished it with gems added to the centre. The sentiment is cut from the same cerise mirri card.

I hope you'll be inspired to join us. Don't forget this is a fun challenge for cards only. For more inspiration visit Crafting with Dragonflies (link in sidebar)

Have a lovely weekend!!

1 comment: