Sunday 4 December 2016

Unstampabelles December challenge

Sorry I'm a wee bit late with this post but I have just returned home after a fab weekend celebrating Christmas early at a Turkey and Tinsel event!!! Great fun, great food and even better company. So I am really in the festive spirit and what better way to tell you about our final challenge of the year at Unstampabelles.

We are asking you this month to think of candles and create Flickering Lights. The twist is to have a candle in the item made.

As usual there is a fab prize. This time Susan is donating a..........

 $20 (Australian) Gift Voucher for a shop of your choice!!
 
My inspiration fro you is a Christmas table centre.
 
 
 
I began with bamboo sticks joined together to form a star shape. I sprayed the sticks with gold but on reflection think I should have used silver as the gold on the wood didn't really show up.
 
 
 
 I then used two different  tea light/mini candle holders as containers.....six in total. In each one a put a small 'oasis' and added real pine sprigs and mini pine cones, from my garden and red and gold plastic berries,  which I got from flower accessories department in a bargain store. I also added gold and red mini baubles from my Christmas decorations stash. These were then placed around the bamboo star. A church pillar candle was then put in the centre which I had covered in red gem stone mesh ribbon.

 
Finally I added a string of tiny lights around the whole structure. I thought that I had bought white ones but when I switched them on they were BLUE!!!  (Note to self  'Always read the label with your glasses on!!)
 
I hope you enjoy this challenge as much as I have. Pop over to Unstampabelles (link in sidebar) to see more inspiring 'flickering lights'.
Have fun!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty table setting. I think I might have to attempt one this year - if I have enough time!

    ReplyDelete