Sunday 24 July 2016

'Fab and Feimine' at CD Sunday.

Good Morning everyone. I hope you've all been enjoying the good weather in the UK and if you're in the rainy season elsewhere in the world I hope you're keeping warm and dry.

This fortnight at CD Sunday it's my turn to choose the theme. I have gone for 'Fab and Feminine'.....so I'm expecting to see lots of super girlie creations.

Before I show you my creation I have a wee bit of sad news. One of our Design Team has decided to have a break and is resigning from the team. It's Sue. Sue has been on the team as long as I can remember and she creates some fab design. She will be sadly missed but I'm sure we'll be seeing her work again as she will hopefully join in the challenges from the other side of the fence....so to speak. She's not ill just going through a busy period at home and plans to pack away her crafty goodies. We'll miss you Sue but please don't be a stranger and when you're ready to come back there'll be a warm welcome for you.

Last time Meg asked you to show your 'Summer Vacation' scenes. There were some lovely creation and one or two were very nostalgic. She'll be deciding on her winner shortly but in the meantime the winners post is up for 'Once Upon a Time'. So if you entered this one pop over to CD Sunday to see if you're a winner.

Now for my inspiration for  'Fab and Feminine'.



I began with white card stock which I ran through the bug using a trellis embossing folder. I used a template from an iris folder pattern for the dress. Instead of using papers to created the iris folding I decided to use some lace ribbon for the main body of the dress and followed the numbering on the pattern. (in the same way as you would with paper strips) The bodice was created by using Indigo Blu gold flakes. The 'hips' were a piece of gold card stock. So a bit of a different take on iris folding.

The patterned background paper was from an Ooh La La  CD 'Carnival of Colour' and I mounted this on yellow Lidls' card stock which had been run through the Bug using the dotty embossing folder.

To finish I created a bow using sparkly pink ribbon and added a cream ribbon rose to the knot. The sentiment was from another CD 'Holly Pond Hill' by Joanne Sheen.

So lots of girly creations this time please. Remember it doesn't have to be a card. It could be a pretty box for jewellery or a scrapbook layout of e.g a girl's night out, a wedding, you and your sister or friend . Anything really just use a CD for some part of it and tell us which CD it's from....cos we're nosey and like to know!!

 There is a wee prize for the winner. So who knows it could be you receiving a little crafty package from Cyprus through your letter box instead of bills!! Have fun and I look forward to visiting you soon.


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Wynn, love the beautiful dress and colours.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wynn the dress is beautiful, love the lace instead of papers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't realised you'd used lace for the skirt Wynn! A great idea, very original. I too am hoping we'll get lots of girly entries - there's loads of suitable images on CDs. Or even stamps coupled with a backing paper from a CD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the dress and the colours
    Hope you have sunshine too,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for choosing such a great theme. I love your card and it is perfect for the lovely summer weather we have at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and fabulous dress and bow-great idea using lace instead of papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete