Monday 16 May 2016

Recycling at Unstampabelles

Good Morning. We still have our monthly challenge at Unstampabelles. Susan is asking you to recycle or repurpose something. The twist is to include something that is over a year old. This could be the recycled product or something else.

I had a notebook lying around....as you do...that I had started using to note down my list of CDs. Anyway I abandoned it for some reason and it lay unloved. So I tore out the used pages and decided to recycle it into a recipe book .....much more useful in this house.


Before
 
 
After
 
I covered the outer perspect cover with red gingham check. I found a template for an apron so I used a scrap of blue gingham check to make the apron adding a pocket with a snippet of small checked red gingham card. I had a packet of wooden rolling pins.....not sure where they came from as there is no label on the packet.....so old you see. I popped one in the pocket using 3D tape to secure. I then googled ....'handwritten recipes'..... and came up with some useful images which I shrunk to size and added these to the front cover. One I made into a tiny old fashioned recipe book and placed it in the pocket.
 
Then I started on the inside.
 
 
I covered the inside left cover with red gingham again and the right page is covered with blue gingham. The two recipes on the inside right were in My Pictures......now which site did I get these from.....Hmmmm can't remember sorry. On the left I made a pocket for a bookmark....always useful when finding a recipe as I always lose the page!!! The 'What's Cooking? was printed on card stock. This was a freebie in a magazine....eons ago....'Simply Cards and Papercrafts' Issue 80.
 The bookmark is from a Joanne Sheen CD Artwork by Janet Kruskamp. I fastened raffia to the top.
 
 
Inside back cover was again covered in red card stock. The images are more 'googled' ones.
 
 
And finally the the back cover....phewwwwwww....covered with the red gingham card stock and 'googled' images added. Eh Voila!!
 
This should have come with a picture alert warning!!
 
Do pop over to Unstampabelles for more recycling ideas from the team. There's a yummy prize on offer too.
 
 
 It's a very useful Happy Birthday die by Crafters Companion and some diecut balloons etc.
Looking forward to seeing what you create for us and don't forget no stamping please......digi or otherwise....it's UNSTAMPabelles!!
 
Have a great week crafting folks!!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant recycling I have cough cough quite a few notebooks but hate using them lol love the cover and little recipes
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous recycled note book Wynn, the gingham papers are perfect for a recipe book.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments on my cards and I used cosmic shimmer liquid pearls in pastel for the foam on the bath
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I have some of that but never thought I could use it as foam. Great job!! X

      Delete