Sunday 20 March 2016

Easter Cards with the Dragonflies.

It will soon be Easter in the UK and Oz. Easter in Cyprus, Greek Orthodox is not for a while yet so we get two Easter celebrations here!! With this in mind Hilde has asked us to create an Easter card for Crafting with Dragonflies' next challenge.

We had some fab 'Girly' cards from you in the last challenge.....thank you for your entries. It's my turn to choose the top three.....it won't be easy! Pop back next week to see if it was you (link in sidebar)

This is my inspiration for you for Easter.

 
I started with an A4 white card stock and folded it in half. Then I took a piece of A5 card stock and cut out an oval in the centre with a scalloped circle die.. I then embossed it and placed it on top of the main card.
The cross was made from some plastic mesh which I cut into the shape of a cross then threaded ribbon through the holes. A crafty friend showed me this technique many, many years ago and I thought I'd give it a go again. I had used some of the crosses to hang from the tree at Christmas so they were to hand, as I'm still tidying up my Christmas stuff !!!.
 
The leaf spray was a Signature die from Joanne Sheen web site and the flowers Spellbinders. I also die cut the 'Easter Blessings' from an Alphabet die set. Finally I added a flat backed pearl to the centre of the cross.
 
I hope you'll be inspired to join us at Crafting with Dragonflies. All entries must be cards and although there's no prize on offer you do have the honour of being in our Top Three chosen by the DT members.
 
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your creations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment