Sunday 28 June 2015

'Flitter and Flutter!

Good Morning. It's time for another challenge at CD Sunday and this time Jenny has chosen a great theme "Flitter and Flutter'. I'm sure this will be a popular challenge.

Last time it was Carol's turn and we had some fab entries for 'Four Legs and a Tail". Don't forget to check the challenge blog soon to see if you're a winner.

For my inspiration for you I went for a great CD by Joanne Sheen "Holly Hill Pond'.

 
As you can see the colours of the images are not true to the original. When I printed off the background paper and then found some yummy pink matching card in my stash I decided to change the colour on the main images. So everything co ordinated and became pink and blue. Does it work? I'm not sure......looks pretty though.
 
I have gone with a new style of card too......as I do!! It's one sheet of A4 scored to make side panels with a strips cut away. When it folds the two smaller images overlap. I hope you can see from the photo how I've made it. I know, I should have done a step by step for you. If anyone wants more detail let me know and I'll email a template.
 
The 'Flitter and Flutter' element is the butterflies which were also from the CD, as were the sentiments. 
 
I'll be interested in your comments as to how you think my transformation has worked......or not!!
 
The link to the challenge is in the side bar. So grab a cuppa and take a peep at the rest of the inspiration from my teamies. Don't forget to visit their blogs and give them some love too.
 
I hope you have a great week crafting and find inspiration to join in our challenge at CD Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Wynn, I love the images from this CD.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wyn. I think the colours are fine and I love the shape. You always seem to manage to come up with such different shapes. I am afraid I am still stuck on the 6 x 6 square for most things. I should be more adventurous.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is very pretty Wynn and the colours work well together.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours definately work Wynn, a beautiful card and such an unusual shape. I love it.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful design Wynn, it looks great!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Wynn the colours work well together and i love the cards shape, all very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete