Sunday 15 June 2014

Dies

Good Sunday morning to you all. I hope all is well wherever and whatever you may be up to in your part of the world.

June here hasn't begun too well weather-wise but it has  improved now so we shouldn't complain. We have lost a lot of fruit so far this month due to some very windy nights...... so not a happy bunny about that.

This fortnights challenge at CD Sunday........yes don't forget it's fortnightly now so gives you more time to trawl through those long forgotten CD's. If you're anything like me I get side tracked when I'm looking for something and then the time has just flown by and nothing has been chosen for the next challenge lol!!

See I got side tracked again. What I was about to tell you is that our theme is 'Dies' and has been chosen by our lovely Jenny. Now I've not got too many dies but a friend in the UK did send me a lovely Spell Binder Flourish die recently which I have been longing to use.

I thought I'd also have a go at making a pop up box card which seems to be popular at the moment. It's looks tricky to make but isn't. Very easy peasy!! There are lots of tutorials on You Tube. So search and you will find.....or should that be 'seek and you will find'. Here's one link but there are plenty others youtube.com


The base card for the box was made with some pretty blue card stock that I've had for eons. I covered it with designer papers from the CD by Ooh La La's Shawn Jenkins collection. The blue tone matched perfectly.

For the pop ups and floral embellishments on the lid I printed off some pink floral background paper......not sure who the designer is. If anyone recognises it let me know and I will give credit,....it's so pretty. I then fussy cut the flowers and leaves individually thus now having readymade toppers.

The little blue butterflies....again the colour is perfect....what a lucky girl I was finding all this matching stuff in my stash. Anyway they were a silky ribbon strip and I just snipped them off and voila more individual toppers!

I used white card stock to cut the flourish die and added it to the back of the box together with three of the tiny butterflies.

So that's my contribution for this latest challenge at CD Sunday. I really had fun making this box and I'm going to show my crafters tomorrow at my craft group just how easy it is to make. I'll take piccies and put them on here later...... if I remember to take my camera that is !!

Now it's your turn. Off you pop to CD Sunday and take a peek at the designs the rest of the team have created.  Don't forget you must use an image or some DP from a CD to qualify for a prize and don't forget to follow the challenge theme which this fortnight is DIES.  Easy Peasy!!!

Just want to add that I love reading all you supportive comments, thank you, and don't forget to click if you wish to be a follower!! Have a fun week and hope you visit again soon x.

Challenges: 2sisters.......#177 Make your own embellishments (flowers, butterflies)
                    toptiptuesday.........Shaped Card
                    colorthrowdown.........CTD296

dreamweavers.........Something Old(butterfliesribbon)Something New (Flourish Die) Something Borrowed(C.A.S.E. from YouTube link) Something Blue ( card)
craftitude.....Use Flowers
.lisasomerville creations.......Flowers
fussyandfancy........Anything with Wings

5 comments:

  1. fab box card
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful project Wynn and I admire your skills and patience.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wynn, thanks for letting us know about your Sweet Stampin' entry, it's a mistake we've all made! Your box is beautiful! Hope to see you back again with more gorgeous creations. Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the box! Thanks for joining the Dreamweaver Stencils monthly challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous box card and a fabulous floral design :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete