Wednesday 2 April 2014

Easter with the Dragonflies

Good morning to you from sunny Cyprus. Think Summer's started early here. Hurrah!! Hope you all enjoyed blog hopping with the Dragonflies last week. I'll post later who won the little prize for commenting on my blog.

Over at Crafting with the Dragonflies this week it's Easter already!! We have two fab sponsors and some great prizes.

                                                  
                                                            Prize: 3 images of winners choice

 
Prize:7 images of winners choice
 
Two very generous sponsors don't you think!! Thank you so much.
 
We were lucky to get digis from both sponsors to play with. I made the first card using a digi from Squigglefly.
 
 
I use A4 card from my stash and folded it lengthways to create a tall DL card. I then covered it in spotty yellow paper from my stash. The long piece of orange card down the centre is attached with an orange polka dot brad to create a free swinging pendulum. There's a double mounted strip of card across the centre to slot it down. I coloured in the digi with bright fine ink pens. Then punched a circle shape of green card and circle cut the image and mounted it off centre. Finally I added a bow to the bottom and Easter embellishments down and across the pendulum. A card with a bit of movement that I hope the grandchildren will find fun.
 
 
For my second card I used a digi image from Bugaboo.
 
 
The base green card was folded landscape or tent fold and yellow card stock was mounted on top. The four squares are cut out of paper and stick-on Easter embellishments were placed on each 'window'. The tag was made using the same card and the image coloured with soft pencils and adhered to the centre. I added bright coloured grograin ribbon to the top and 3 yellow chicks and an Easter greeting.
A strip of summery flowers were placed across the bottom of the main card. Voila!!
 
I've enjoyed 'playing' with my Easter images and I'm sure you will too. Just pop over to Crafting with Dragonflies (link on sidebar) and be inspired by the rest of the team. Then get yourself another cuppa and visit our generous sponsors.
Remember Have Fun and Happy Crafting!!!
 

15 comments:

  1. Great cards, I love the fun images!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Easter card.
    Thanks for playing along in our animals challenge at Creative Card Crew!

    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great make for easter! thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew animals challenge. Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interactive cards are a hit with my grandkids too! I bet your's will love playing with the pendulum! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#103 "Easter or Spring Sentiment"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, lovely image and fabulous choice of colours thanks for sharing with us this week at Artistic Inspirations
    Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards for the grandies to play with and enjoy Wynn. I like that pendulum idea - stored that away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card! I like the interactive element! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments. Love Marie-Clare (cardsbymc.blogspot.com) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've called to take a peek at your second card! What a FAbulous scene you've created..LOving your colours and paper..Yes! It's so interesting to find we have used the same image but, in different ways..That's the fun isn't it Wynn..
    LOving your first card too! What a cutie this image is and I LOve your pendulum idea..FABulous!
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your cards are fabulous and full of fun. Like how one is bright and vibrant the other softer. Great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are adorable! Thanks so much for playing with AudSentiments. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete