Wednesday 19 February 2014

Tryptch and a freebie

Good morning from a cold but sunny Cyprus.......well it's cold here in the hills but I'm sure it's warmer for the tourists at the coast. That's one of the beauties of living here we have lots of micro climates so when it's hot and humid at the coast within a 10 minute drive you can be away from all that humidity and have a gentle breeze to cool you down......best of both worlds really. That's the Summer of course but in the Winter.....well I'll leave that for another day.

Over at Crafting with Dragonflies the challenge is to use a freebie digi image. You can use the one from the challenge blog or find one yourself. There are lots of lovely freebies out there. You just need to do a little searching and surfing. Don't forget to add the link for it too.

I have used a pretty image of butterflies from all dressed up challenges. Please click on the link to take you there. You won't be disappointed there are some lovely images on this site.



I coloured it with some lovely bright sharpies as I want it to be bright and cheery. If I want bright colours I love sharpies as opposed to felt tip pens. You get a neater finish and the colours are so bright....love them!! I'm sure I would have got a very different look if I'd use soft pencils so may try that in the future, it's such a versatile image. I added flat backed pearls to the wings of the large butterfly and the centre of one flower. Tear drop diamantes were added to the antennae.

On another craft site we were asked to make a Tryptch.......not for a challenge just for fun to send to a friend. So I went with this image and after printing at A5 size I divided it into 3 equal parts. I mounted each one on heavy dark green card stock and then placed it onto pale green card leaving a small gap between each piece. I edged it with a silver peel off border and corners to frame it.

I could have joined the thee pieces together with rings or ribbons but as I'm crafting on a tray on my lap at present........long story won't bore you.....It was safer and easier to mount it like this and my friend can do as she wishes with it. Either leave it as it is or join it together to hang on the wall....the choice is hers.

Do try to visit Crafting with Dragonflies to check out the rest of the freebies the dragonflies have used. You won't be disappointed.

If you want some yummy candy why not pop over to Floral Fantasy stamping-fantasies. and visit Brenda. She has a fab give away......you need to say in your post what your fave crafty item is.....mine are the bright sharpies I use when I'm colouring in so this was easy for me. Take a peep!!

Challenges:    notrealstamps........Things with Wings
                       sirstampalotchallenge.......Wings Fantasy Fiction
musecardclub.blogspot.-55......photo/colour inspiration


 
craft-roomchallenge.....color




No comments:

Post a Comment