Wednesday 13 November 2013

Things with Wings and add a stickpin

Good morning people. I'm scheduling this post again so fingers crossed!!

The design team at Crafting with Dragonflies were given the challenge of creating a card based on the theme 'Things with Wings' with the added twist, to add a stickpin.

The sponsors are crafts and me and the prize will be 3 digis of the winners choice.


 Some us opted to go sponsor free with this one. As you can see I went sponsor free and chose the obvious......... 'butterfly'.


The butterfly is made with peel offs on top of acetate. (Thanks to my online buddy, Irene, for giving me this idea.) The image has two layers thus creating a decoupage effect. The 'tail' sweeping down behind is simple but effective, using a swirl of hi tac glue and tiny gems randomly sprinkled over it. I also added matching gems to the antennae. The matching pinsticks were part of a prize I won recently at the 'Allsorts' blog hop. I added a white bow to hold it in place and a matching pink topper from my stash.

Don't forget to check out our sponsor 'Crafts and Me' and pop over to crafting-with-dragonflies to see what the rest of the design team created. You won't be disappointed!!

Challenges:
pinkgemchallengeblog.....Gems Gems Gems
jwscrapshack......Things with Wings
inthepinkchallenge......Ribbons/Bows....and pink

No comments:

Post a Comment