Wednesday 27 November 2013

Christmas bauble

Getting everything ready for Christmas is always an exciting time especially when the children are small. Those days are long gone for me, as my children are all grown up and my grand children are living miles and miles away from here. Still I like to try to create a warm Christmas feel to our home even though we are miles away from family. So what better way than with this week's challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies.

 The design team were challenged to make a Christmas ornament to hang on the tree.

                                                         The sponsor is 'Bugaboo Stamps'

 
and the prize is 7 digis of the winners choice......how generous is that!!



 I was fortunate to receive in the post two MDF baubles from a cyber buddy, Pauline, to decorate. It arrived at the perfect time for this challenge.

This is my creation:

 
I covered the larger bauble with gold paper from my stash. The small one was covered in red card overlayed with white flocked mesh to give a snowy effect. Adding one on top of the other with foam pads created a 3D effect. The digi from Bugaboo was hung below.....thanks for the inspiration Hilde. I added red gems to the side. I threaded gold tinkly bells and red pearls on gold thread to hang from the bottom. This was finished off with red ribbon from my stash. I hung it from one of the cypress fir trees in my garden.....you may be able to spot the fir cones.
I also made a box to put it in as I am going to send this off to another cyber buddy in the UK.....you know who you are!!
 
 
I covered the box in spotty paper which I bought here in Cyprus. Now many of you know that craft shops here are limited so we find our goodies from strange sources. Recently Lidls Stores came to Cyprus and opened up not one but two stores here in Paphos. And sometimes they have...... craft paper and card stock!! Yeh how lucky are we!! This paper is one recent item purchased from there. It's a fab red and I wished I'd bought more.
For the large flower I cut the petals from florists ribbon with a Primo flower in the centre and gold perfect pearls for stamens. The two small flowers are also Primo. Another digi topper from Bugaboo was added to the box and I added a small amount of red to pick up the red of the bauble and the box.
 
 
Close up of the two digis from Bugaboo stamps.
Don't forget to check out our generous sponsor and pop over to http://crafting-with-dragonflies.blogspot. and see what the rest of the design team have made and be inspired to start getting ready for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment