Thursday 1 August 2013

Garden Pleasures

Another busy week here in Cyprus and I had a lovely surprise at the weekend when my son rang to say that he and my youngest granddaughter will be visiting soon.........that really cheered me up!! I'm looking forward to all my cuddles.

'Garden Pleasures' is this week's challenge at CD Sunday. I bought a Card Carousel template of a wheelbarrow eons ago and I have made it up once at Easter time and put mini eggs in it. As I've a few larger blooms and lots of greenery I thought I'd give it an airing again. The challenge at Fussy and Fancy is  'More than one fold' so I thought this would fit the bill nicely too.



I used gold card stock for the wheelbarrow, The wheel is challenging to make but it's worth taking the time to get it perfect so that as you gently push it, it moves along....clever stuff eh! A piece of oasis was put in the wheellbarrow to hold the blooms............so no gluing needed. The large ivy leaves were some I bought a long time ago and used one or two then they've lain around as they are really too cumbersome to put on cards. They are more suitable for flower arranging.......why did I buy them. What was I thinking?

I found some lovely 'gardening' sentiments on Debbi Moores Shabby Chic CD which I adhered to cocktail sticks and then stuck them into the oasis.

 
This will be a hand delivered card/gift as I think it might get a little squashed in the post from here to the UK!! The template comes with instructions for making the box so that's my next job. I'm going to make it up using acetate 'walls' so that the wheelbarrow will not only be protected but it can also be seen on display. You could also make these for Xmas and put tiny fir trees and mini pine cones in it.
 
Now who would really appreciate this latest creation!!!!
 
                              fussyandfancy.....More than one fold
                               useittuesday......What was I thinking?
                                    cardmaniachallenges.....Summer Blooms
            citycrafter.....Summertime
                       ladybugcrafts.....something floral

15 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely Wynn and so clever that it actually 'pushes'. Hope you have a lovely time when your grand daughter arrives.
    #thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a gorgeous take on this weeks theme. How lovely to have family coming to visit too. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Such a pretty creation ... I bet it's hot in Cyprus ... been there many times - even got married in Paphos! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning creation Wynn and something different - love it. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really interesting take on our challenge, I love the 3d element of your project, it fits perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very clever Wynn - and so nice to have something different.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your take on 'what was i thinking' Great project. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW Wynn, this is a gorgeous creation. You certainly come up with different ideas and we love to see your projects. I love the wheelbarrow with it's flowers and sentiments.
    Have a lovely time with your grandaughter.
    Thanks for joining us again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Wynn this is super,what a great idea and the fact that it pushes along well you must have some patience.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday once again this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great wheelbarrow, a lovely take on this weeks challenge, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creation and with moving parts! Very pretty.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very cute. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fantastic take on the challenge - you do such great work Wynn it is a pleasure to visit your blog. Sorry I am late in visiting this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a terrific summer project! Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at CCCB :) Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers. What a fantastic project. It looks stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete