Tuesday 14 May 2013

Ornate Blossom

The challenge over at CD Sunday this week is 'Ornate Blossom' but all the time I was creating this card I had in mind 'Ornate Blooms'......don't know why. So I hope my card will be suitable as it's rose blooms. I used the CD 'Wish upon a Rose' by Jems Designs. A beautiful Cd and one I also used last week  but I couldn't resist the images they are exquisite.

I had intended to take piccies of all the blossom on the fruit trees here in our garden but would you believe it my camera went on holiday and also we've had a real downpour today so everything is a wee bit soggy. I'll try taking some later in the week with my mobile, as I'm also having probs transferring piccies from my tablet to PC. Hey ho the joys of technology. It's great when they work but what a pain when they don't!!!

OK back to the card. I chose 'Love Letters'  for the main image and mounted it onto a silver mirri  card frame which had been cut using a Sissix die. I decoupaged the butterfly and added a sentiment which was also from the CD plus another matching butterfly.



When it came to adding the background the paper on the CD didn't match too well I thought so I went for a pale coral card stock. I felt it looked too plain so I printed off some of the background paper and cut triangles and added it to the corners,. Then I rounded the corners with the Xcut corner punch. Also I added a silver floral flourish peel off to complete......oh yes nearly forgot there's also gold stickles on the butterflies just to bling it up a bit.

This card will be perfect for my Special Daughter when her birthday comes around......ooopps hope she's not looking.

Challenge: CD Sunday.....Ornate Blossom
                  Simon Says Stamp....Flower Power

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Wynn, I'm sure your daughter will love it. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT.
    It's raining here as well Wynn, but then that's nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fits the bill with me Wynn, a beautiful card, i do like the rounded corners, something i always forget to do. Thanks for joining us this week.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely romantic image and a beautiful card Wynn. I'm sure your daughter will love it.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wynn
    Lovely card with such beautiful roses and a very pretty lady.
    Thank you for joining in again with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, not seen this Cd but that is a gorgeous image, must keep my eye open for that one.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Wynn, a lovely image of a pretty lady. Love the roses they are a perfect compliment to your design.
    Sunshine all the way here. Thanks for joining us again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely card & image Wynn. Rounding the corners does finish it off nicely something I don't always remember to do.
    Gloria x
    GDT for May @ CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the soft dreamy colours you have chosen for your card - very pretty.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Wynn, soft and dreamy looking, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete