Tuesday 19 March 2013

Wonderful Wings

This week's CD Sunday challenge is 'Wonderful Wings'. A great theme as it covers so many images but as I needed an anniversary card I decided to go for the 'wings of a dove' or doves in my case lol.

I found a lovely design in my stored piccies by Sheila Rodgers from CUP. So this would be my starting point. There was a verse on the front tho that wasn't quite appriopriate for this couple so I decided to cover it with an embellishment.

The embellishment, a heart with roses that matched the main image, I found on the CD Pyramid Crazy from Crafty Ideas by Kaz. For those of you who haven't found this CD yet it is great if you're a lover of pyramid decoupage. You can create either standard, inverted or twisted pyramids. There is also backing paper, embellishments and a tag maker. So the whole package all on one CD.

OK back to the card. The CUP sheet came with extra decoupage but instead of decoupaging I decided to use them as extra images as I felt that two doves were more meaningful than one. So I now had two doves and the extra roses I made into a posy and added a tag with a Happy Anniversary peel off.


Now that I've rediscovered the Pyramid Krazy CD in my box I'll be playing for the rest of the week I think, making pyramid decoupage. So watch this space for more from this fab CD. A friend bought it for me quite a while ago and I'd forgotten about it, so thank you to her too.....she knows who she is!!!

I'm entering this card in: CD Sunday challenge Wonderful Wings

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Wynn, I love your doves, so fitting for an anniversary card. I haven't heard of this CD but have heard of Crafty Ideas by Kaz. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty anniversary card. Lovely colours and image. Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Wynn, and the colours are beautiful.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a romantic card! Very pretty.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Wynn - love how you have combined your CD's to come up with such a lovely design. I only have one of Kaz's cds - and the verse maker - which I use for every card I make and have done for years.
    Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new to me, thanks for the info. Your card is beautiful, gorgeous design. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, everything goes so well together it is hard to believe it's come from two different sources

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Wynn with such soft colouring. Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Wynn,it makes a very special anniversary card.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete