Monday 11 March 2013

SPRING

Springtime...........new life, Easter bunnies,daffodils........lots of images spring to mind when Spring is mentioned.

This week's challenge at OneStopcraftchallenge is Spring. Well as I said earlier this conjure up lots of images. So no problem.....well yes actually as there was too many choices!!!  Finally I decided to finish making my grandchildrens' Easter cards before it was too late. And thought well if they don't make you think of Spring nothing will.

I found delightful image of a chick and a daffodil in a pot, so that was a start. I wanted it to be a bit more than just 'a card' as I like to send them something they can take time looking at. With this in mind I thought of a booklet card.

The main card is a 15 x 15cm square in a lovely fresh orange. I found a perfect peach mottled background paper to mount on top. So this was my base. The 'booklet' comprised of 3 pages of peach card 9.5 x 13cms. The chick and daffodil went on the front cover. On the second page I put an image of  chicks again but this time having fun swinging/playing in an Easter egg tree to which I added the words 'Hello Sunshine'......my usual way of greeting my youngest granddaughter.  Then on the third page I put two word straps 'Much Love' and 'Just for You'.

 Gold and Green peeloff lines edged the card and booklet to finish it off and 'Happy Easter' and 'Just for you' were put on the front. I also placed 3 gold spots down each side of the booklet. The booklet was then tied together with yellow organza ribbon. I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it.

I'm entering this in:

  • OneStop Craft Challenge blog
  • trimmies C.R.A.F.T. challenge

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card. Lovely little chick.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete